Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hiatus over!

I'm not even going to count up the months it's been since my last post (you can do the math if you so wish ...) I could say I got busy, or got kidnapped by aliens, or involved in a national tabloid magazine scandal of some sort, but the truth is, I got a little busy and lost a lot of initiative for this project.

But I got a swift kick in the behind a few weeks ago from a dear friend, and now I am proud to say that we have already collected 51 pounds of food and delivered it to Food Gatherers! Amazing! That's the draw in just two weeks, with contributions from St. Joseph Church in Dexter and some neighbors in Huron Farms.

We need/want more! Food Gatherers has seen a 50% increase in demand for its services, so anything we can get there will be helpful. I can make daily runs to the dropoff point, and am willing to take whatever we can get. Food Gatherers has taken zucchini without any complaints, so if that's what you've got, please pass it along.