Sunday, May 10, 2009

Next Saturday!


We're having a growing season kick-off event next Saturday, May 16th, at Foggy Bottom coffeehouse from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Swing by to sign a pledge form (it's free, no money expected), grab a Plant-A-Row-For-The-Hungry garden marker, or pick up a packet of seeds. 

I'll be on hand to talk about how you can get this started with your own community group, or to talk about any gardening issues you might have. Or just to say hi! 

More posts coming this week, including one on what to grow if you've got a deer issue and another on the upsides of growing in a planter. 

Today is Mother's Day -- my kiddos got me a lovely Thai Basil plant and a purple pepper plant. Just need to find a spot to put them. My planter in the back yard is full of carrots, cilantro, lettuce, snow peas, tomatoes and cucumber plants. I put a tomato plant in a pot out front, as well as some more cilantro and cherry tomatoes. Think I'll need two more pots for the Thai Basil and the purple pepper ... 

Have a lovely day, and hope you're enjoying this lovely Michigan weather! 


No comments: